Tuesday, May 4, 2010

3 months

As yesterday was the 3 month anniversary of Howard Fisher's Death, I thought it would be appropriate to post a letter I wrote about Howard before he died. In the letter I was convinced that God would heal him physically, but I now realize that God had bigger plans for Howard. And that Howard would still make an impact even after his death.

"Looking back at the last semester I now realize what an excellent opportunity it has been to play with all the seniors especially Howard. It really has been a blessing to have not only played with Howard, but also get to know him, and really create an awesome friendship. When I look at Howard, I don’t just see a huge Jamaican smile, but a man who is destined to do great things in life. I feel as if God has something big planned for Howard, and he will heal him from this disease. As Isaiah 40:31 says, “But those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not be weary, they will walk and not be faint”. Howard will walk and not be faint. God will raise Him up."

So God did raise him up, just not the way I thought! Praise His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment